Miss SA goes to Miss Universe
Miss SA Ntandoyenkosi Kunene is jetting off to the 65th Miss Universe pageant.
She placed 21st in the talent round at the Miss World pageant in the US in December, and will now compete against 80 others in the Philippines.
She left for Manila from OR Tambo International Airport on Wednesday.
The 24-year-old Mpumalanga beauty queen told TshishaLive; "The Miss SA and Miss World stages were great ways of preparing for this pageant, which is the one I have wanted the most since winning Miss South Africa, because it's bigger and bolder.
"I've prepared my walk which is key for this pageant and have practised saying 'South Africa', because we have to announce ourselves and I wouldn't want to not be heard once I'm on stage."
Sun International stylist Noreen Kajee Vareta said; "Her national costume showcases South Africa's cultural heritage and diversity while detailing her Swazi heritage".
"It's difficult to combine all aspects of South Africa but the designers tried their best and added glitz so the garment has show and stage value".
Steve Harvey and Ashley Graham will be hosting the event.
More World News
- Poachers shot near top Zim tourist spot
- Obama awards Biden with highest civilian honour
- Maimane blasted for Israeli visit
- ANC not surprised by Maimane trip to Israel
- DA wants two-state solution in Israel and Palestine
- South Sudan stabilizing
- Refugees stranded in freezing Serbia
- Don't post selfies showing a peace sign
- Donald Trump calls CNN 'fake news'
- Trump calls Russia findings a 'witch hunt'