Wits University ready to begin talks with protesting students
Wits University management is prepared to engage with protesting students to address their concerns over residence issues.
After barricading the university's Empire Road entrance, students handed over a memorandum stating their grievances.
Wit's University's Shirona Patel says that the university is aware of the problems students listed in the memorandum and are looking for possible solutions, EWN reports.
Student Representative Council Kefentse Mkhari says that issues raised are not new, but that the university has pushed them aside.
More News South Africa
- Family of Stacha's murder accused trying to sell their home
- City of Cape Town says 'tadpole' found in tap water is hair
- Ayanda Mabulu has been receiving death threats
- ANC EC wants Lindiwe Sisulu for president
- Tim Noakes has been found not guilty
- EFF accuses Mbete of trying to destroy freedom of speech in Parly
- Drug dealer who used young boys as runners arrested
- Ntshalintshali warns Cosatu leaders to toe the party line
- Nigerian pastor in court on human trafficking charges
- ANC NDC confirms Fransman's suspension