Three TUT campuses closed
Three campuses of the Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) have shut down until Monday.
The university says exams scheduled for Friday are being held at different locations.
The Pretoria West, Arcadia and Arts campuses are affected.
The ongoing protests over accommodation have caused the disruption in exams.
Spokesperson Willa de Ruyter says;“The university has a contingency security plan and we are monitoring the situation at all our sites to ensure the safety of students and staff who are there. The situation at our Pretoria West and Arcadia campuses are calm, we have been monitoring the situation overnight.”
More News South Africa
- AKA and Bonang have split
- Zille outlines plan to deal with water shortage
- Stats SA helps singles find love
- Hawks bust a fourth in vehicle licensing scam
- Public protector office probes City Power
- The impact of Pinterest on copyright laws
- Police publicly strip-search boy, 12
- South African animation the biggest winner at Kidscreen Awards
- Three Blöchliger-accused face theft charges in court
- R21.1 million stuffed in luggage - Bloem