Black Coffee features on Drake's new playlist, More Life
Canadian artist Drake has released his 'playlist', More Life, and Mzansi's very own Black Coffee was featured on the artist's new project.
More Life was released at the weekend and many SA fans were feeling extra proud when they saw Black Coffee's name on the track list.
Black Coffee features on the track titled Get It Together.
Many will recognised the beat as the DJ's 2011 hit Superman.
Artist Jorja Smith replaces Bucies vocals on this track.
Speaking to Phat Joe on East Coast Radio ahead of the playlist's release, Black Coffee said that fans weren't impressed after hearing that he "gave" his track to the Canadian artist.
But Black Coffee didn't see this as handing his track to Drake, instead this was his way of putting local musicians on a global map.
"He is going to take the song to another level. People are going to love his version of the song but it won't erase the original...People had mixed feelings, like; 'why would you give someone else your song? It is your song! Why are you letting them shine on the song?' But my understanding is different. I would love for our music to be exported on that level," he said.
- Public ceremony held for Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher
- John Mayer admits new single is about Katy Perry
- Could this be Lindsay Lohan's big comeback?
- Drake's new tattoo has everyone talking
- Disney film to be released in Malaysia with no cuts
- Richard Hammond is doing fine following motorbike crash
- No 'snub here'! Bucie is getting money, honey!
- The Johannesburg International Comedy Festival is back!