Public protector office probes City Power
Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane's office is investigating City Power.
Mkhwebane confirmed the investigation on the sidelines of her first nationwide stakeholder forum at the Johannesburg City Hall on Thursday, EWN reports.
Mkhwebane said; “Yes we’re investigating that and I think we’re at an advanced stage with that investigation and we’ll be issuing a report soon.”
Chairman of the board of City Power Reverend Frank Chikane said of the utility’s Managing Director Sicelo Xulu; “He’s MD of City Power and will continue as MD of City Power until this investigation is done.”
Mayor Herman Mashaba fired MMC for Infrastructure Anthony Still earlier this week.
He said that they could no longer agree on an approach to deal with corruption at City Power, the publication continues.
More News South Africa
- Province receives measles vaccination
- Another postponement for Blochliger case
- Zuma launches newly revamped immigration facility
- AKA and Bonang have split
- Zille outlines plan to deal with water shortage
- Stats SA helps singles find love
- Hawks bust a fourth in vehicle licensing scam
- The impact of Pinterest on copyright laws
- Police publicly strip-search boy, 12
- South African animation the biggest winner at Kidscreen Awards