Public protector office probes City Power
Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane's office is investigating City Power.
Mkhwebane confirmed the investigation on the sidelines of her first nationwide stakeholder forum at the Johannesburg City Hall on Thursday, EWN reports.
Mkhwebane said; “Yes we’re investigating that and I think we’re at an advanced stage with that investigation and we’ll be issuing a report soon.”
Chairman of the board of City Power Reverend Frank Chikane said of the utility’s Managing Director Sicelo Xulu; “He’s MD of City Power and will continue as MD of City Power until this investigation is done.”
Mayor Herman Mashaba fired MMC for Infrastructure Anthony Still earlier this week.
He said that they could no longer agree on an approach to deal with corruption at City Power, the publication continues.
- Government delays announcement of rhino poaching stats
- Makhura expected to give positive SOPA
- Water wasters to be put on blast
- Kruger Park accomodation to receive R260-million cash injection
- Supra: Molefe innocent until proven guilty
- Fee uncertainty to be cleared up this year - Zuma
- Over R1.2 million worth of medicine stolen
- SANDF send condolences to victims families
- Zuma launches newly revamped immigration facility
- ANCYL says Gordhan has failed in his duties