Mzimhlope protest causes Metrorail suspension
Metrorail suspended services in parts of Soweto indefinitely.
The Soweto Highway has also been affected.
The reason for the suspension in the area is the protest in Mzimhlophe on Monday morning, in which residents burnt tyres to protest against evictions, EWN reports.
Alternative transport arrangements are suggested.
Police are monitoring the protest.
Metrorail's Lillian Mofokeng said; “The situation will be closely monitored and we will resume our services when it’s safe.”
- World class premises for Hino Kuilsrivier
- Spur 'bully' still unidentified
- Nothing stolen in Dangor home invasion
- Construction worker caught in conveyer belt
- World's oldest billionaire dies at 101
- Flexi hours suggested to ease CT traffic
- Uber leadership crisis deepens as president quits
- Zimbabwean contraceptives smuggled into SA
- Urgent aid needed for 30 000 people who fled fighting in Wau Shilluk
- Port authorities refusing responsibility for ship damaged while in dry dock