Car guards now have swiping facilities
Certain car guards in the Cape Town CBD are now taking credit card payments.
Gone are the days of not having change! The car guards are now using popular mobile payment app solution Zapper.
Some have opted to use SnapScan.
Durban car guard‚Sabelo Buthelezi told TMG Digital on Thursday; "This one guy gave me R150 on Saturday. I haven't been to check my account yet but I know I'm doing well. This thing [Zapper] has helped me so much. My tips have been so good in the past week".
“People are so shocked that I have this. Even when they say they don't have money now they can use their phone to pay‚” he said.
Zapper business consultant Carmen Worsfold told TMG Digital Buthelezi approached her after she visited the coffee shop, outside of which he works.
“He asked me about it‚ saying people weren’t paying him because everyone was using Zapper. We decided to see if we could help. All we did was give him his own QR code which he has on a lanyard around his neck. The code is linked to his personal bank account‚” she said.
- Fee uncertainty to be cleared up this year - Zuma
- Over R1.2 million worth of medicine stolen
- SANDF send condolences to victims families
- Zuma launches newly revamped immigration facility
- ANCYL says Gordhan has failed in his duties
- Public protector office probes City Power
- The impact of Pinterest on copyright laws
- South African animation the biggest winner at Kidscreen Awards
- Three TUT campuses closed
- Kruger National Park makes provisions for Dineo